Saturday, October 10, 2015

Goodbye To You!

   This is the end! I can't take it anymore - and it's past time ...time to say goodbye. I know those words have come out of my mouth in the past. I know that we have gone back and forth, kissed and made up. This time however, it's for good - its forever. I want a divorce - I want to live life without you, and to be a happy, healthier person than I have ever been with you. You are no good for me, you make my life hell and it IS way past time that I have shown you to the door.

Quote - "A mistake repeated more than once is a decision" - Paulo Coelho

Hello! To those of you who don't know me - I am Sharyl and I have been chronically overweight since I had my first child in 1991. I have not been able to get my body back since then. However, that is my own doing. You see, I am the queen of excuses. "I am too tired to work out",  "The kids won't like that food", "Eating healthy is too expensive", and my favorite "Why should I never be able to eat what I want when everyone else can" But you know what they say right? Excuses are like a........ ahem, behinds, everyone has one.

The problem is that most people when they make an excuse, won't be signing their own death warrant. For me - I started a journey needing to lose 104 pounds. I have learned some interesting things along the way. First off dieting doesn't work, its designed to fail ultimately and I will go into why more in the future. I am down past the halfway mark in this journey (49 pounds to go to my goal) and have learned many lessons along the way - the one that keeps coming back to haunt me at this time is that I love food, I love sugar, and I am self destructive with the eating habits that I have brought to myself over the years. So, today -- and for every day from now on...I am saying goodbye.

I would love for you to join me as I say goodbye to those bad habits that are bringing me down in my weight loss, and maybe....just maybe...I can help you say goodbye to your bad habits as well. Back in the 80's there was a song with the same name as the Title of my blog - Goodbye To You by Scandal - the words hit home. What do you need to say goodbye to? Join me and we can say goodbye together.

For your listening pleasure the song is posted below! The words really could be applied to my bad love affair with food. Check it out!




2 comments:

  1. What an awesome initial post!!! The lady has talent!!! OK, and she also a few dozen unwanted kgs. Just like I have. So let me share my pitfalls: 1) I am a lazy slob and tend to avoid the "calorie-out" part of the equation, even when I vow to do an exercise regime each day; 2) I love carbs, not as bread; only so-so as potatoes and rice; but the head-honcho calorie demon is ..... vino.3) I bluff myself that "just one beer, but only when I watch a sports match doesn't contribute; 4) Irregular meals are OK; 5) I don't snack .... much.; 6) ....

    OK, OK, the list is rather embarrassing. I get the message. I will walk with you, Sharyl.

    ReplyDelete