Sunday, February 14, 2016

See ya later Sweethearts

Love ...True love...it's what brings us together today ...(Princess Bride)

So, its Valentines day yet again - and in times past that meant a nice dinner out and a box of chocolates, some flowers -- I actually asked my husband to skip that this year - for a multitude of reasons - 1) I really don't need chocolate 2) I get frustrated eating out and paying a ton of money for foods that we can make cheaper and usually better at home (some restaurants are sooo worth it...some are not just saying) and 3) we are getting ready to go on vacation on Tuesday and I have other things I would like to save money for.

That being said I do want to talk about love -- more importantly self love. A wise woman (my mother) once told me that you can't fully love someone else until you love yourself. I want to address that today - that self love that we all need to work on - even if you think you have it down there is always room for improvement so bear with me here.

Do you give yourself indulgences more often than is healthy? Food? Wine? Hard Liquors? Recreational substances? Do you sit more than you move? Do you eat out more than you cook?
Hey! I am not judging here I can say yes to some of those things -- some more than others in times past, plus you are the only one who has to know your answers. Do you follow up those answers with a -- well, I had hard day at work so I deserve down time with a glass (bottle) of wine -- I was really busy and the drive through was quicker -- I got up early, I am too tired to go to the gym, I will just sit and watch The Bachelor (or whatever TV show comes on that you like) --Still, not judging -- I have used all of those excuses.

If you can answer yes to any of those things - or other hard questions of the same line that you might want to ask yourself...have you ever though, I just want to get healthier, be in less pain, not feel tired all the time, --- the questions could go on and on here - still with me? still saying yes to any or all of them? Ya -- me too sometimes.


So, the thing is I want to love myself - I want to be around to love myself a long, long time. I want to be proud of the decisions that I am making. Am I perfect, no. Will I always make perfect choices -- uhhh heck no! BUT here is the big thing here - I do love myself enough to try - I love myself enough to keep trying - I love myself enough to start small habits now that will build up to bigger habits later -- not all the habits but one at a time.

I am not saying never have those indulgences -- trust me on that one! But maybe, just maybe if you want to be that happier healthier person - your priorities and your indulgences need to shift. Put you first, love yourself enough to make those changes - don't want until its being done because you are afraid of xyz test results at the doctors office - or are terrified even to go because of what you might here. Love yourself enough to do it now, today --one step at a time. So here is me saying, see you later sweethearts (candies...you know the cute ones with the messages like be mine, I heart you, etc)

Give yourself the best Valentines day gift that you could ever want --- a truly healthy and happy you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment