Sunday, November 22, 2015

No more yo-yo effect

I am not perfect...bet you didn't know that right? Right now, I am struggling -- I am not making the progress that I want to make, the scale isn't budging -- its an eternal frustration. In times past - this is where I would throw my hands in the air and give up. This is where I would binge eat for 3 or 4 days -- or weeks. This would be the turning point to me gaining back some of the weight that I have been hard pressed to lose.

I can't go there again - I won't do that again. I don't want to continue down that path that has led to the yo-yo effect...you know the one..where you gain and lose the same 5-10 pounds over and over again and have a love/hate relationship with yourself.

And please don't misunderstand -- this is directed solely at me. I need to continue on. I need to find my sweet spot and make those changes in my life - and I will. No more backsliding. No more bouncing back and forth. I can hear Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper saying "Get your head in the game" -- it's hard, the struggle is real.

I can also hear the age old question going through my head -- "where would you be today if you had never quit the last time you went down this road?"

"Persistence guarantees that results are inevitable" - Paramahansa Yogananda

The definition of persistence is - Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition. (or no results that you are looking for) Remember, a river cuts through rock, not because of its power but because of its persistence. 

So, no more yo-yo effect or backsliding - goodbye to that nonsense - goodbye to repeating over and over again all the hard work that I have already put in...why did I ever think THAT was a good idea anyway? -- Saying hello instead to persistence and perseverance. March on my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment